Monday, December 15, 2008
Monday update!!!
We made it!!!!! The rescheduled flight from Chicago to Moscow was uneventful and so was our regular flight from Moscow to Stavropol. Yeah!!! And, WONDERFUL news, we take custody of Elsa tomorrow!!! Apparently, the official adoption decree was issued today, along with Elsa's new birth certificate. The team figured a way through it all so we can still get Elsa tomorrow. Actually, we have to split up tomorrow. Greg goes with one of our interpreters to pick up Elsa's passport as they need to see a parent and our passports, and I go with another interpreter and our driver to Elsa's orphanage to get her. I'm sorry that Greg can't be there as well, but just happy that it is actually happening. WE will fly back to Moscow on Wednesday morning and Elsa has her medical exam that afternoon. Our paperwork is dropped off at the American Embassy on Thursday morning and our interview is Friday afternoon. We were told that they expect that we can still go home after the 20th. We have to try to change our tickets BACK from the 24th to the 22nd now, if we can...that is the next project. I think that Greg may have picked up an eye infection on one of the flights. His eyes are bloodshot and don't look very good. One of my eyes is starting to itch, too. Thanks for following along with us, for your prayers and support. Please stay tuned for the next installment....although we are gonna be busy with our little Elsa around now...and we can't wait... Love, Laura
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh Laura, I'm so excited for you and Gregg. May God guide you as you get your daughter and may your transition be easy. Thnaking God for His wonderful blessings! I'm praying for you!!!!
Dawn
Post a Comment