We went to see Elsa today. What a different since she recognized us. She only fussed for a few seconds then she was a happy girl. She let Greg hold her and play with her and she didn't cry at all. She showed things to him and recognized the taggie blanket that we brought with us and she has a matching one in her crib. She liked it when Greg put it over his face and played peek a boo. Elsa enjoys running around and checking stuff out. We were outside in the play area and she fell over a few times and waited to see what I would do. I scooped her up, of course, which she liked. Vickie, she really liked the Twisty Bug toy that you gave her. It makes sounds when you pull on it and it made her laugh. The auquafor that I asked the nannies to put on her face really helped clear the rash up. I gave them a small tube two days ago and today the rash was almost gone. We will bring some for the orphanage when we come back to get Elsa. They let us feed her again. Elsa is on to us and knows that we won't just shovel the food down her throat. They seriously only take a few minutes to consume mass quantities of food. I have no idea how they don't throw up. Meal time is not time for interaction, it is just about eating. Well, Elsa really enjoyed having the extra attention. She kept scooting closer and closer to me until she came off her little chair then finally just insisted on sitting in my lap and getting cuddled. That was just fine by me. It was awful handing her over knowing that we won't see her for a few weeks. Then we have to get reacquainted again. We are flying home tomorrow and are looking forward to coming home. Thanks to all for your encouragement, prayer, and support. Greg and I appreciate it more than you know. I'll update once we get home.
Love,
Laura
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It is soooo wonderful that you are a family now, the 3 of you. I can't wait to meet her and hold her and love her. I love it that she liked the little toy we bought her. Call me when you get to the states. I have the annual Christmas Tea at Riverside tomorrow night. Ruthi is doing my table this year, and it is simply beautiful. I am looking forward to the evening. we have over 500 women coming. Saturday we will do Christmas shopping in the morning and then we get to babysit Kate and Addie in the evening. It will be a fun weekend. Have a good, peaceful, restful and safe flight home and I'll talk to you soon. PS Seth is still down for the count. I'm worried. Love ya, Vic
Wow you've really been through a lot but I am so happy for you that it is all finally coming to the end. I can't wait to see more pictures of little Elsa. It's so great that she will be at home with you just in time for Christmas! Give her a hug and kiss from me! Congatulations Mom and Dad!
Post a Comment