Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sunday afternoon update from Russia!!!

Hi everyone, this is the first chance that I've had to get on the Internet. Greg and I got to the hotel at noon today, Sunday, here in Russia. We were supposed to be here last night but were rerouted to nearby Mine**ya **di due to thick fog. They kept delaying the flights and finally our translator and driver made the 2 hour drive and picked Greg and I up at 10 AM this morning. They say you have not lived until you have spent the night in an airport in a foreign country. Well we can check that off our list! There were a couple of people that took pity on us. I was game to visit a hotel outside the airport but our guide warned us that we "were not allowed to leave the airport". By the time we were finally picked up, there were very few people left from our flight. It is unfortunate that we were not able to take photos of the airport but wanted to not loose our passports as others have done for doing this...
So, Greg and I caught up on some much needed sleep this afternoon and had some dinner in the hotel cafe. I ran into two sets of adoptive parents from the states. We spent about an hour chatting. They are staying in St**ol during their waiting period after court. They are allowed as they have a different agency. It is really nice for them as they can see their kids every day and bond with them prior to leaving the country.
We will go see Elsa tomorrow!!! We are really excited to see our little girl. I'll post tomorrow and let everyone know how it went.
Thank you for all of the prayer and support!! We really need it. Love you all!! Laure

2 comments:

The Eubank Family said...

I am so glad to finally hear something from you guys. I have checked the blog every couple of hours! I am thankful that you arrived (finally) safely, and that you can see our baby tomorrow. Kiss her for Aunt Titi. I look forward to reading more soon. We woke this morning to a winter wonderland. we are to get 5-7 inches of snow before 6 PM. Kevin is moving today. Hearts are heavy. Cassie is hear until around 6. We are going to watch "P.S. I Love You. Seth assures me I will cry! I love those kind of movies. Love ya, Vic

Karen White said...

Traveling in its self is such a chore, but what a treasure you are about to receive. I pray you don't have the 10 day waiting period for there is "no place like home." Anxiously awaiting pictures. Thank you, Lord, for Jesus and the wonderful Christmas present you have given Greg and Laura. Blessings, Karen