Here we are, 2 days before leaving for Russia, and we finally have a blog. Our friend, Ruthi, set it up for us. Thanks, Ruthi! Now you can just check in whenever you want. Perfect. Sorry that there aren't photos of Elsa on the blog yet. Due to Russian law, we won't be posted pics of her until we get home. The photos are of her room.
We have an early flight Friday morning. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and we are supposed to be at Greg's parents to celebrate, then stay over and they will take us to the airport Friday morning. Greg and I were going to pack today but I am curled up with a cuppa tea, sick. My stomach is less than happy and there appears to be something growing in my throat. Hmmm. Our lovely friends, the Drs. Smith, (Dean & Sally) will see us this afternoon. Sally will be Elsa's pediatrician and she jumped through many hoops to help us with adoption paperwork. Greg and Dean grew up together and he's been treating Greg. Now they are bailing us out the day before Thanksgiving!
We have gotten a lot of help with the adoption. I was making a list yesterday and it is really amazing to see how much support we have received. It ranges from the clothes and gear that my sisters sent for Elsa, the duffel bag full of stuff that Ruthi gave us as a gift to the orphanage, to the countless things that Rebecca and Pam at Postnet in Santa Maria did for us. Bloo and Coco, our dogs, are with their Autie Dorothy and will be until we get back. They are very happy there and we are happy that they are happy. The love, support, and prayer has guided us through this process and Greg and I are extremely grateful.
So, check in with us and I'll be posting to say how things are progressing. We will arrive in Stavropol on the 29th and will see Elsa the next day. Greg and I are so excited that we can hardly wait!! We are grateful to those that will continue to pray that the process with go smoothly. We really hope that the 10 day waiting period after court will be waived. We are prepared to spend the time in Germany with family (which would be LOVELY) but we really want to take custody of Elsa and get her home.
Thanks for checking in. I'll try to post again before we leave.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment